- Food is donated by the community of Redbridge and other neighbouring boroughs.
- Volunteers sort and pack the food into food parcels. Each food parcel contains enough food for 3 days.
- We work in partnership with front-line care professionals, who identify people in crisis and give them a food voucher.
- On receipt of the food voucher at the foodbank centre, people receive a warm welcome, a hot drink and a food parcel.
- We put people in touch with agencies who can help resolve the underlying causes of the crisis.
- Redbridge foodbank also provides food parcels to other charities and agencies for their clients with immediate needs.
Foodbanks provide a short-term emergency supply of food to an individual or family in crisis while a long-term strategy is put in place.