RBFB are looking for volunteers for our foodbank session teams, it is essential that the candidates are good listeners and can encourage and signpost our clients.
Where: Jubilee Church, Ig1 4JY, Ilford
When: Wednesdays: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
And / or,
Alternate Saturdays: 9.30am – 1:15pm
Time commitment: Flexible
Overview of the role: This role involves providing direct support to people who use food banks. Packing their food parcels, making them feel comfortable and providing further signposting support where appropriate.
- Help set up and pack down for the session
- Welcome clients to the foodbank centre
- Receive vouchers, check validity, and prepare food parcels according to the standard packing lists
- Make refreshments and tidy up as required during the session
- Offer a listening ear and signpost clients, as required, to further support, using information from the signposting folder/leaflets
- Offer prayer to clients, when appropriate (if a volunteer is happy to do so)
- Work under the guidance of the session coordinator and report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the project manager/session supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Has an eye for detail
- Organised and self-motivated
Benefits of volunteering
- Using your existing skills to make a difference whilst also learning new skills.
- Meet new people who share your passion to eradicate poverty in the community
- Make a real difference to the running of the food bank
Impact of your role
- Providing a vital support function in the local community
- Helping to ensure a dignified experience to anyone visiting a food bank
- Signposting people for further support which can help lift them from poverty
You will be given all the required training and support before starting your role.
You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.
How to apply
If you are interested in this roles please email our volunteer coordinator directly at email@example.com