This year we have seen demand for our services rise to levels we never before anticipated and we have already distributed over 7000 single food parcels to people in crisis – having more than doubled our total of parcels distributed over the same period the year before.
With Christmas fast approaching we are unfortunately not seeing any signs of a drop in demand for food parcels. So, what is the best way to help us make sure that no one has to go without food this Christmas?
CHRISTMAS APPEAL DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES
We are always very thankful for any monetary contribution that go a long way in helping us cover some of our fixed running costs and allows us to purchase additional stock if needed.
These donations also help us develop sustainable projects that help people out of crisis faster and have a lasting impact
How to donate funds
- Donate via PayPal here
- Donate via LocalGiving here
- Become a regular supporter via a Standing Order
- Do not forget to Gift Aid your donation
For more information on monetary donations please click here
We rely on donations from the public to be able to distribute emergency food to those in crisis.
How to donate food
- Check our handy downloadable Christmas Shopping Lists here
- Drop off any donations at one of our collection points listed here
- Please note that any Christmas items should be donated by Friday 5th December to ensure that we have time to prepare and distribute all our Christmas Parcels
How can I help without having to physically drop off any donations?
There are still ways you can support us
- If you can, please consider helping us with a monetary donation instead – click here for more details
- You can help us just by sharing the Christmas Appeal Poster with your family, friends, and colleagues – helping us spread the word as far and wide as possible. Please check the content index at the top of the page for a downloadable copy of the poster
- You could also help by creating awareness of our work and any projects we run. The best way to do this is by following us on social media and sharing / engaging with our posts on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Why do you need Christmas donations so early?
Having all Christmas donations by the first week of December allows us to plan and prepare our Christmas parcels ready to be distributed from the first week of December which means that we can help more people with Christmas specific items – we want to make sure that everyone can have the basics for a special Christmas this year. Having all donations in also allows to quickly assess if we have all we need or if any extra stock is needed.
Can you accept donations of toys, clothes, or any other gifts?
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to receive or process any donations other than food and toiletry items. If you would like to donate toys or other gifts you could try contacting a local church or community group – and they might be aware of local projects that would gratefully accept those donations.
Can I also donate some fresh food?
Again, at this stage we do not have the capacity to receive, process and distribute any fresh food items.
Can I help by volunteering my time instead?
We do usually have full teams around Christmas time, but if you would like to volunteer you can complete this application form and email it to us at [email protected] and we will contact you if any volunteer slots become available.
If you are a business, school, church, community group or even a group of friends or neighbours wanting to support us with your own initiatives or projects please feel free to get in touch with us on [email protected] and we will try to help you as much as we can with advice and materials.